Diatone and Eachine joined their force to produce a remix of the R349, a 3 inch quad: the ER349. Is it the 3inch that you need for this summer ? Let’s see that in the review.
The frame is a unibody carbon frame of 4mm. I like really the design and how they cut this frame. The quality of the carbon and the finition is really GOOD. Moreover this frame is strong even if it is a unibody. I did some good crash on trees and nothing has been broken …
And the screws of the motor will quite disappear in the frame after … and it is superb !
The canopy is the classic one from Diatone for the GT Rabbit series. Except that you have the Eachine logo and a huge number of white leds. It is simple but pretty efficient for the design 😉
The canopy is strong and I have not been able to break it, moreover you will find a lot of version and colors on diatone website.
The default propellers that they use are the Gemfan 3052. These propellers are really good and works well on this quad on 4S.
Flight controller / ESC
The FC and ESC are the MAMBA F405 MINI. It is a diatone product too. As usual it is really GOOD quality and you will have no problems with this stack.
Indeed the ESC can handle up to 139A and support 2-4S. They have also a flash of 16M so you will be able to tune it with the blackbox !
- F405 mini Betaflight Flight Controller
- Input: 2~4S LIPO (7.4V~16.8V)
- BEC: 5V 1A
- MCU: STM32F405
- Gyro: MPU6000
- FLASH: 16M
- OSD: AT7456
- Mounting: M3
- Weight: 3.5g
- Mamba F25 ESC
- Input voltage: 2~4S (7.4V~16.8V)
- Curr :139A
- BEC: NO
- Size: 30×30×5mm
- Mounting: M3
- Weight: 7g
- Capacitance: Samsung 242UF(22UF×11pcs)
The motors are the Mamba 1408 4000kv (so again a diatone product). They are really good, strong and smoth. it is a pleasure to flight with that.
- Mamba 1408 4000 / 2800 KV brushless motor
- Stator diameter: 14mm
- Stator thickness: 8mm
- No.of stator arms: 9
- No.of stator poles: 12
- Motor KV: 4000
- Voltage：4000KV 4S
- Weight: 18g
- Outside diameter: 18mm
- Body length: 29.7mm
In this specific build, they use the Runcam Micro Swift. It is probably not the best camera, but not the bad clearly ! As you can see in my video the quality is good. For sure you can upgrade it with a foxeer micro predator to have the best quality.
They use the TBS Unity pro 5.8. So it is really a pretty good VTX, specially you can up to 800mw ! The quality is awesome and as usual you can use the smartaudio to change the frequency.
- Smallest, lightest video transmitter on the market
- Up to 800mW of output power
- Ultra-clean transmission (up to 16 pilots at once!)
- PitMode – power up your quad during a race
- Easy OSD, FC and RC channel changes, with fallback button menu
- Robust RF amplifier allows powering up without antenna for hours!
- Clean powerup and video switching
- Operating Voltage: 5V
- Supply current: up to 600mA
- Operating Temperature: watch for normal airflow
- Audio carrier Frequency: 6.5 MHz
- Video Input Impedance: 75 Ohm
- Weight: 5g (with SMA, without antenna)
- Antenna Connector: RP-SMA Female Socket with screw mounting holes, U.FL to VTx
- Video Format: NTSC/PAL
- Output Power: 13dBm (25mW), 23dBm (200mW), 27dBm (500mW), 29dBm (800mW*)
Here the best part probably, no ? This quad is fucking awesome during the flight. It is SUPER fast, stable and strong.
My advice is to flash it with betaflight 4.0.3 ( FURYF4OSD), and to apply the following PID for 4S (thanks to Albert Kim).
You could wondering which LIPO to use with this quad. If you go with a 3S, you will have less punch but it can be good if it is your first 3inch. With 4S it is freaking speed, but you need to choose a 4S around 650mah to not overload it.
The next things to do before flying is to attach the spare buzzer and to add your receiver. You can use the method I did for the antenna (with a rip tie and heatshrink)
It is something that I like with Diatone products is the content of the box. You will find:
- Spare XT30
- A buzzer !
- spare screws
- LIPO strap
- A set of 3052 props
- rip-tie (specially to attach your receiver)
- few lipo grip to secure the LIPO
Where to buy ?
- Banggood for 149$ with the BGER349 code