Like many other companies, Eachine jumped into the ToothPick wave from KababFPV ! Is it something that you need to get for the summer or if you don’t want to build yourself a toothpick ? Let’s see that in the review !
The frame is similar to the HappyModel Sailfy-X. It is a 2 mm carbon frame for 1102 or 08XX motors only, for a 105mm wheelbase. It is solid and well designed to handle crash on 3S.
The part that I don’t like is how the wire/connector of the motors are exposed to a crash. The connector could be inside the canopy, it will be better. Moreover the screws and the wires of the vtx/camera are not well placed, because it is not super easy to put the LIPO 🙁
The LIPO holder is simple but seems to do the job well, at least I don’t see any problem with it after flights.
The weight without the LIPO is around 37g which is pretty correct for this category.
The canopy is the one from the trashcan. Personnaly I don’t like the design BUT it is pretty strong ! You can adjust the angle of the camera (even if it is a little bit difficult with all the wires).
They added some rip-tie to hold the canopy, probably because the screws are not metal one but in plastic. In consequence and without any rip-tie the screws will break quickly.
I’m not sure who did the propellers but they looks like the KingKong 65mm. They worked well and are pretty strong. it is not anymore the best props (compared to the HQProp 65mm for example) but they are efficient.
Flight controller / ESC
The crazybee F4 Pro v2.1 is the AIO board that will do this job. This board is good but can handle only up to 5A or 6A (for 2-3S input) in burst that’s why you need to use it carefully with the appropriate motor and LIPO if you planned to use it later in another build.
The thing that I like is to have the receiver directly in the board (spi), it will save few grams but it will restrict the range of the flights.
Moreover they added a capacitor to avoid some known burst when you plug-in the board with the LIPO.
- Item Name: Crazybee F4 Flight Controller built-in 5A ESC & Receiver
- Optional Receiver Version: Without Receiver/ Compatible Frsky Receiver/ Compatible Flysky Receiver / Compatible DSM2/DSMX Receiver
- MCU:STM32F411CEU6 (100MHZ, 512K FLASH)
- Sensor: MPU-6000(SPI connection)
- Board size: 28.5 * 28.5MM
- Power supply: 2-3S battery input (DC 7.4-13V)
- Built-in 5A(each) Blheli_S 4in1 ESC Dshot600 ready
- Built-in Receiver ( Diffirent version having diffirent receiver, without receiver version doesn’t have rx)
- Built-in Betaflight OSD(SPI Control)
- Built-in Current meter Max 28A
- Current meter scale set to 1175
- Built-in 5V 1A BEC with LC filter
- Built-in voltage detection
The motors are a rebranding of the HappyModel one probably but it doesnt change something. They are using 1102/8700kv for 2/3S input. I like these motors except if I find them a little bit fragile, but the price is cheap.
- Mode: 1102 8700KV
- Stator Diamter:11mm
- Stator Length:2mm
- Shaft Diameter: Φ1.5mm
- Motor Dimension(Dia.*Len):Φ13.5mm*16mm
- No.of Cells(Lipo):2S-3S
- Suitable for Reddevil
A toothpick with a caddx EOS 2 ! I like that ! Some people are not fan of this camera but personnaly I like how it performs. In this case they have used the 16:9 format version with a 2.1mm lens.
|Image Sensor||1/3″ CMOS Sensor|
|Horizontal Resolution||1200 TVL|
|TV System||NTSC / PAL option|
|Electronic Shutter||PAL: 1/50~100,000; NTSC: 1/60~100,000|
|S/N Ratio||>52dB (AGC OFF)|
|Auto Gain Control||YES|
|Wide Power Input||DC 3.3-6V|
I think the mistake of the sailfy-x was mainly to have only a VTX that support 25mW. It is clearly not enough for this category because you will it a lot outdoors, behind trees etc
In this case eachine used their VTX that support 25/200mw and performs correctly. The only things todo is to attach the antenna with a ripe-tie and heatshrink because you will have a high probabily to cut it with the propellers 🙁
- Item name: VTX Nano
- Small size ,lighter and easy to mount in a micro or whoop drone
- Output power: 25~200mw switchable
- Frequency: 40CH
- Input voltage: 3.3V 5.5V
- Current consumption: 300mA(type)
- Antenna: RG178 antenna U.FL interface
- Frequency: 5.8GHz 5bands 40 channels
- With Raceband
- Smartaudio ready
- Weight: 1.2g without antenna
Compared to others toothpick that I got, it is not a bad one. It is very light and you can go up to 5min of good flights with it.
I don’t do any PID tuning or things like that on it, and by default it is pretty good. The only thing that I did is to flash it to BF 4.0.3. Just in case you need the config, here it is:
I like to flight with it with 2S or 3S, even indoors ! It is tiny, fast and well tuned by default.
I like the box for this toothpick ! A good handbag with props/screws/foam/prop remover and a 300mah 3S LIPO.
- 1 x 105mm Brushless whoop Frame
- 1 x Adjustable angle canopy
- 1 x Option1: Crazybee F4FR V2.1 PRO FC built-in Frsky RX
- Option2: Crazybee F4FS V2.1 PRO FC built-in Flysky RX
- Option3: Crazybee F4DX PRO V2.1 FC built-in Serial-bus DSM2/DSMX RX
- Option4: Crazybee F4 V2.1 PRO FC no RX verion
- 4 x EX1102 KV8700 Motor
- 1 x 65mm red propeller(6xcw+6xccw)
- 1 x Caddx EOS2 camera
- 1 x 5.8g 25mw-200mw Nano VTX
- 1 x 3S 11.4v 300mah 30C/60C battery
- 1 x XT30 Plug Pigtail Power Wire with 100μF 16V Capacitor
- 1 x Propeller disassemble tool
- 1 x Screwdriver
- 1 x Eachine Handbag
Where to buy ?
- Eachine RedDevil on Banggood : BGRedDevil 12%OFF EXP:7/31