As usual with BetaFPV, the frame is pretty strong and you will not break it easily. It is really difficult even if you wish to do it …
So the quad is based on a 85mm plastic frame, specially designed for 9x9mm hole motor (basically 11XX motors), for an AIO FC board and it is possible to add a led board at the back.
The drone is really light with 42g for such size and it is also the secret of such build: a 85mm frame with light but powerful motor and 2 inch props !
I was pretty happy with the canopy of the HX100 but for this build BetaFPV decided to use their light but SUPER fragile canopy.
As usual the EMAX Avan 2 inch 4 blades are still the best for this frame. No vibration, prop wash, they are perfectly balanced.
But the motor doesn’t have any screws to attach this props so you will need to find a way to attach it securely if you want to do some freestyle. So you have 2 solutions here:
- Hot glut on them with the shaft
- Dental floss to attach them
The AIO board is not the latest one that I tested like the NamelessRC but it is perfect for this build. Moreover they have some integrated receivers for FrSky but it is also possible to use it with others receivers (XM Frsky LBT/ DSMX / Futaba S-FHSS / Flysky /TBS Crossfire).
- CPU: STM32F411CEU6 (100MHZ )
- Six-Axis: MPU-6000 triaxial accelerometer / triaxial gyroscope (SPI connection)
- Size: 26mm x 26mm, fully compatible with the all whoop drone mounting pattern, recommend the Beta65X frame and Beta75 Pro frame.
- Firmware version: betaflight_matekf411rx_4.0.0 (Development Version)
- OSD: Built-in BetaFlight OSD (STM32 controls OSD chip over SPI in DMA mode)
- Built in SPI Frsky D16 protocol native receiver, compatible with almost ALL Frsky FCC radios(e.g. Taranis X9D/X9D Plus/X7) or Frsky compatible transmitter module. Not compatible with Frsky LBT protocol.
- Weight: 4.5g
These motors are the new one from BetaFPV, for 2s / 11000kv. They are really good and super light (super important with this build). They will handle perfectly 2S LIPO.
- With strenthened cable, it is more thicker which will not easy to break off, specially lengthened motor wires is suitable for toothpick drones
- Height: 14mm
- Weight: about 3.2g
- Shaft: φ1.5mm
- Motor Mount Holes: M1.6 on Dia 8.5mm
- KV (rpm/V): 11000
- Plug: Micro JST-1.25 3-pins connector
Ok here the main drawback of this quad. During the evening the camera doesn’t handle at all the light so it is not possible to flight correctly. Otherwise during days or indoors, as you could see in the video it is really not the best camera, I wish they used a caddx EOS 2 or runcam nano/racer here 🙁
Nevertheless the VTX is good and at least the output power is adjustable (25mw and 200mw).
- Item: Z02 Cam
- TV System: NTSC
- TVL: 600TVL
- Horizontal Resolution: 640X480 1/4”
- Output power: 0mW, 25mW and 200mW (Adjustable)
- Supply Voltage: 2.9-5.5V
- Size : 271714 mm
- Weight: 4.2g
- Antenna: Omnidirectional ANT
- Frequency: 5.8GHz 6 bands 48 channels, with Raceband: 5362~5945MHz
As usual BetaFPV is provided the drone with many things in the box:
- 1 * 300mAh 2S 45C Battery (Not for PNP version)
- 1 * Spare camera mount with 25 degree tilt
- 1 * EMAX Avan 2” 4-Blade Propellers (1.5mm Shaft)
It is SUPER speed, you will not find a much more speedy tinywhoop like that. No washout, prop wash. It is super controllable, and really fun, even if you are doing indoor racing !
If you are looking for your next indoor tinywhoop for this winter, it is really the best. Probably you will need to change the camera and the canopy if you are more advanced, but that’s all.
By default the PID are correctly configured but in the next section you will find some settings to try it with the MockingBird settings (still in beta).
Patrick is working on new settings for the Beta85 Pro 2. I tested the beta settings with BetaFlight 4.0.5.
You will need to change the PID/rates/filter as in the screenshots. For each mode a special rate is associated:
- rateprofile1 -> acro
- rateprofile2 -> angle
- rateprofile3 -> horizon
As you could see in the video, the settings are really improving the flight and it is really perfect with this quad, specially for this end of summer and the beginning of the winter 🙂
Final settings will be posted on their PAGE but you can use these already.
Where to buy ?
Of course you could find it in your local shop for 99$, it is pretty cheap if you consider all the elements, but here a links to get it on BetaFPV: