LEDs has been always associated to drone, for multiple reasons, it is nice, bring up your quads a good design and the most important probably is that super easy to spot another drone during a race/flight.
I tried to summarize and select only good components of LEDs (that you can control via the FC or not), racewire with LEDs, for your tinywhoop/toothpick (so basically 1-3S).
If you are looking to some classic LED for your tinywhoop or toothpick, you should pick these tiny LEDs from tinyleds.com.
They are super bright, really, you will see your quads super far away. Moreover they don’t get so much power from your mosfet so it is perfect for tinywhoop or toothpick.
These LEDs cannot be addressed in Betaflight, but are super powerfull: the Lil Lite.
- Input Voltage: 1-3s. (Min 3.7v : Max 13.5v)
- Current Draw: 60mA
- Dimensions: 15.9mm x 3.75mm
- Weight: 0.19 grams each
If you are looking for LEDs that you can control via the flight controller, you have also these one:
- 3x LEDs 3535 ws2812b Addressable RGB on Rigid Board
- Size: 4.9 x 20 x 1.75mm (WxLxH)
- Weight: .45 Grams with short wires.
- Contains: 1x Pico Rainbow LED
- Current Draw: 60mA on Full White, Less with other colors.
- Fully addressable via flight controller.
There is not so much racewire with LED for tiny drone, but as usual tinyleds have some: the micro racelite wires.
- Built for 2-3s batteries only.
- Weight: .2 grams each
- Contents: 1x Micro Racelitew Wire
- Voltage: 2-3s LIPO only
- Dimensions: 6 x 15.2 mm