Like Caddx, they have differents mount options: 20×20 or 25×25 for whoop frame, so basically perfect for all tinywhoop or toothpick because you can add the board on the top of the aio FC.
So how is this HD camera ? Let’s see !
I recorded a flight during the night to show you how it could render (I will uplodad a new one outside) on a race led track, prety nice no ?
So basically you will be able to record 1080@60FPS directly on a sdcard inserted in the board.
Moreover you can control the camera in Betaflight, see the manual.
- Field of View(FOV) : Recording FOV: 165°; FPV FOV: 165°@16:9, 130°@4:3
- Video Resolution: 1080@60fps / 1080@50fps / 1080@30fps / 720@60fps
- Video File Format: MOV
- Image Resolution: 2 MP
- TV Mode: NTSC (720480) / PAL (720576) Switchable
- Interface: JST 1.25mm / UART
- Max Micro SD Card Supported: 64G(need Class 6 or above, recommend Class 10 / UHS-I / UHS-II / UHS-III)
- Hole Distance of Installation: 25.525.5mm Dimensions: PCB 2929mm / Lens Module 14*14mm
- Power Input: DC 5-20V(Non-direct power supply from battery. Powered direcly with battery will generate surges and burn the camera.)
- Working Current: 650mA @5V / 270mA @12V
- Weight: 10.5g
- 1080P/60fps HD recording & WDR FPV camera
- Low latency TV-OUT (40MS)
- Anti-drop SD card
- Power-off protection for video files
- Wide voltage (5-20V)
- FPV aspect ratio 16:9/4:3 switchable
- Stronger flexible ribbon cable
- Optimize TV-OUT interference to reduce ripple
- Replaceable lens manual focus supported
- Standard mounting bracket, easy to install
I noticed some differences with the caddx like:
- Not so blurry like the caddx one (so good point for Runcam here)
- MOV video format output instead of MP4
- A small plastic piece to avoid the ejection of the sdcard during a crash (really a good benefits !!)
- Control the camera via Betaflight !
- the weight is exactly the same compared to the caddx, so no difference here
I did a build with this HD camera in the tomoquads chospstick CS3 V1.1 frame:
As you could see with these HD camera, you must be careful that your frame or canopy could protect them because the lenght are pretty long with the camera.
If I should choose between this one and the caddx equivalent, I will go with this one probably, for all points I mentionned but specically to avoid this kind of blurry fpv feed that you have with the Caddx.