The Eachine Novice-I is a kit for beginner that would like to start in the world of FPV. So Everything is provided in the kit to fly directly without any other things to buy.
To be honnest the kit is pretty interesting if you starting FPV because you will have everything you need, from the lipo charger to the drone and the radio/goggles. Even if the drone is really good (see the video at the end), the goggles is really crappy …. If you have already goggles, skip this kit, but if you are looking for a fucking crazy 75mm 2S LIPO drone, this one is pretty good and you can build it yourself really easily.
The drone is mainly available via Banggood but also all your local shops for a start price of 145$ (2 LIPO, full kit with 10), but I hope they will sell it alone.
It is really a Ready To Fly kit, everything is included in a nice case, with goggles, radio, drone, LIPO charger, 2 or 10 1S LIPO.
The goggles provided is the Eachine VR005. It is really the basic goggles that you can get if you don’t have enough moneys for a better one like the EV300MD. It is crappy, horrible to use to be honnest if you have fatshark or any other goggles.
But I could imagine for a beginner it could be ok because he doesn’t have any point of comparison …
- Screen Size: 2.7 inch
- Resolution: 960*240 pix
- Brightness: 300cd/m² of high brightness, for outdoor use
- FOV: 0/120 degrees (horizontal / vertical)
- Magnification: 3.5x
- Distortion: No distortion
- Material: PMMA
- Transparency: > 98%
The radio is OK, but only mode 2. I mean it works pefectly with the D8 frsky protocol and it looks like really a playstation one.
You have different buttons with colors to show you what you are doing (like arming, mode type etc). It is totally fine for a 20$ budget radio and really usable.
This is the most interesting part in this kit probably, and the best one !
The global weight of the tinywhoop is 33g which is really light for something on a 75mm frame.
The frame is a 75mm wheelbase mainly designed for 06XX/08XX or the 11XX motors from Happymodel, and to get a whoop FC board. You can fit easily a 2S LIPO or 2x1S LIPO.
It seems like the one from the Mobula7, really strong, impossible to break and it seems to be enough rigid to avoid prop wash.
You can even add some LED at the back too.
The canopy is the one that you can find in the LarvaX
It is pretty strong and protect correcly the canopy.
The propellers are the Gemfan 1635 3 blades. I’m not sure that there is any other good props like this one. These propellers are the default 40 mm props to use, or the 4 blades version.
Flight Controller / ESC
The flight controller is a new one: the NanoX-F4. It is a tiny F4 board and can support up to 2S for 5A or 6A peak current.
Moreover it is integrated with Frsky receiver. It is pretty light with 3.3g and have everything you need for a 1S or 2S tinywhoop. It seems to handle well the load and high throttle push too.
- MCU:STM32F411CEU6 (100MHZ, 512K FLASH)
- Sensor: MPU-6000(SPI connection)
- Board size: 28.5 * 28.5MM
- Power supply: 1-2S battery input (DC 3.5-8.7V)
- Built-in 5A(each) Blheli_S 4in1 ESC Dshot600 ready
- Built-in Frsky D8 SPI receiver
- Built-in Betaflight OSD(SPI Control)
- Built-in Current meter Max 28A
- Current meter scale set to 1175
- Built-in 5V 1A BEC
- Built-in voltage detection
- MCU upgraded to EFM8BB21
- Power supply: 2-4S LiPo/LiPo HV (7v/17v)
- Current: 5A continuous peak 6A (5 seconds)
- Support BLHeliSuite programmable
- Factory firmware: S_H_50_REV16_7.HEX
- Default protocol: DSHOT600
- SPI BUS receiver
- Frsky D8
- Compatible Non EU transmitter both D8 mode
- Channels: 8ch
- Failsafe support
- No ground interference ( Transmitter and receiver 1 m from the ground): 200m
The motors are really a good choice here. It is the 1102 from happymodel but with 13500kv, so really huge speed on 2S for such build.
I like these motors because they performed well and they are really cheap !
- Mode: NC1102 13500KV
- Stator Diamter:11mm
- Stator Length:2mm
- Shaft Diameter: Φ1.5mm
- No.of Cells(Lipo):2S
- Suitable for NOVICE-I
- Motor Dimension(Dia.*Len):Φ13.5mm*16mm
The Runcam Nano 2 is really a good choice too because it is really a good improvement over the Caddx EOS 2.
- Image Sensor: 1/3″ CMOS
- Image: 4:3
- Horizontal Resolution: 700TVL
- Lens: 2.1mm(M8) FOV 155°
- Signal System: NTSC / PAL
- S/N Ratio: >50dB
- Electronic Shutter Speed: Auto
- Auto Gain Control (AGC): Auto
- Min. Illumination: 0.01Lux@1.2F
- D-WDR: Auto
- Day/Night: Color
- Power: DC 3-5.5V
- Current : 110mA@5V 120mA@3.3V
- Housing Material: ABS
- Net Weight: 3.2g
- Dimensions: L14mm*W14mm*H16mm
- Output power: 25~200mw switchable
- Frequency: 40CH
- Input voltage: 3.3V 5.5V
- Current consumption: 300mA(type)
- Antenna: RG178 antenna
- Frequency: 5.8GHz 5bands 40 channels
- With Raceband
- Smartaudio ready
- Weight: 2g
In case you did some modifications without saving the configuration in Betaflight, here a dump of it.
So how is this quad during a flight ? It is excellent. On 2S it is really a tiny beast, so you need space to flight with it. For indoors it is really too big I think because it is not a 65mm wheelbase.
If you are using the default radio transmitter it is super easy to bind and everything is already pre-configured in betaflight for the radio.
Where to get it ?
It is available in a lot of shops but here a link to Banggood