There is not so much DVR+VTX available for toothpick or tinywhoop and I have already reviewed the one from HappyModel (the Diamond VTX).
So how is this version from NamelessRC ?
- Input Power: 5V
- Output Power: PIT/25mW/100mW/200mW/400mW Switchable
- Frequency: 5.8GHz 6 bands 48 channels, with Raceband: 5362-5945 MHZ
- Control Mode: BFOSD Control/ Button, IRC Tramp ready
- Video Output format: NTSC
- Record video size : 1280×720 @30FPS
- TF Card support: Max.32G
- Compress Format: AVI
- Microphone: Yes
- Antenna: IPEX
- Mounting hole: 26.5*26.5mm
- Weight: 3.5g without antenna
By having an output power of 400mw it makes this VTX+DVR the perfect compagnon for your toothpick.
- VTX maximum power up to 400mW.
- Built-in microphone.
- Support to choose recording FC OSD info or not.
- Start/Stop recording via button or OSD. Automatic recording after power on.
- Automatically save a video every 5 minutes.
- Cable plug and welding pads are both available.
- Small & light size for whoop and toothpick style frames.
- The VTX will not be damaged even if the antenna is dropped.
For more information, please check the manual.
NamelessRC provides the board with two set of cables. It will depends if you choose to see the OSD in the DVR or not (see the manual).
Moreover the VTX is locked to some frequencies, so the simple method to unlock it is to maintain the VTX button during 25 seconds after power on.
By default the VTX will record automatically if you plugged an sdcard in the board. But you can choose how to start/stop the DVR.
The main advantages of this VTX compare to other are:
- reliability, it seems strong to handle the 400mw without any problem and the signal is good
- having the possibility to use the OSD in the DVR is a nice option too
- start to record the video by using the OSD !
- No limit of the length of your video
I did a setup with the OV231 from Kabab FPV to see how is the record and the signal during flights. The signal is pretty good for me (be carefull that’s inside a gymnase with a LOT of metal parts), and the record is really better than the OSD 🙂
So if you are looking for a good DVR+VTX for your toothpick or tinywhoop, this one from NamelessRC is a good choice, specially for 26$.