If you got any of the latest tinywhoop from BetaFPV like the Meteor65 for example, you know that the camera and the canopy are not the best parts and their weak points.
So BetaFPV release a new camera that fit correctly in your tinywhoop and a better canopy for this one: The C01 Pro. How is this new camera ?
- Image Sensor: 1/3″ CMOS Sensor
- Horizontal: 1200TVL with Global WDR
- Signal System: NTSC
- Lens : 2.1mm(M8) FOV 160°
- S/N Ratio: >50db
- Electronic Shutter Speed: Auto
- Auto Gain Control (AGC): Auto
- Min. Illumination: 0.01Lux@1.2F
- D-WDR: Auto
- Day/Night: Color
- Power: DC 3.3-6V
- Current: 110mA@6V / 120mA@3.3V
- Housing Material: ABS
- Dimension: 12.1*14.5mm
- Net weight: 1.96g
Without the connector the weight of the camera is close to 2g.
The canopy is a little bit heavier with 1.56g compared to the original one, but this one is really strong and impossible to break with a tinywhoop. It seems a resin or something like that, the same as they are using with their bigger quads.
The wire is classic and no suprise for that, GND / +5V / Signal. So easy to solder or to plug directly if you have the same connector.
It is also really simple to insert the camera in the tiny white part and secure it with provided screws in the canopy.
So how is the quality of this new camera ?
- For indoors, it is A huge progress compared to the previous camera. It is more clear, high quality and you will see much more details
- The transition between lights is good enough for a tinywhoop
- the bad point is that the camera is not super for race led track by night 🙁
- the price is pretty low
As you can see in the following video, you could see how the camera performs indoor and by night with the led track.