BetaFPV released their new 95X Frame to support 2.5inch propellers !
It is a mix between carbon and plastic for the ducts. And it is clearly a good frame for a cinewhoop with a naked gopro or a super fast and light 4S drone. The weight of the plastic + carbon is around 19.3g.
Here few specifications:
- Color: Black
- Material: Plastic
- Wheelbase: 100mm
- Motor mounting hole: for 110x motors (like 1105 5000KV motors)
- FC mounting hole: fully compatible with whoop style FC board mounting pattern, 26mm*26mm
- LED holder and antenna holder available
- Weight: 13.3g
- Material: T700 carbon fiber
- Thickness: 2.5mm
Clearly the quality is good, specially for less than 10$. The carbon is really mandatory to avoid any washout due to the force of the motors during the flight.
You can put any whoop board (26×26) and associate that with any 11XX/12XX/13XX motors !
So I created a little setup for indoor racing with the following elements:
- BetaFPV 12A AIO Board, be sure to take the NON toothpick board due to the emplacement of the USB port that will be difficult otherwise
- RCINPOWER 1204 because it is really the best 1204 motors and they are pretty smooth on 4S
- HQProp T2.5×2.5×3
- NamelessRC Nano 400 VTX
- Foxeer Predator Nano 4
Moreover I suggest to use canopy that are attached via the external screws of this frame (not the one of the FC) in order to protect it ! Moreover these holes are much more resistant to any crash and you will avoid to break anything !
I have been surprise on how this build is pretty awesome, super agile, fast and safe and less prone to any breaking with the duct. No washout or any weird behavior, and I have not play with any PID tuning, it is the default one.
Moreover I’m getting more than 4min on a 450mah 4S LIPO with this style of flight:
Looking for a 2.5inch frame with duct ? Take the one from BetaFPV, it is cheap, nice design and strong.