The GEPRC Thinking P16 is the evolution of the GEPRC cineeye which was a great drone.
Now it is DJI ready with the Caddx Nebula Nano. Moreover it is one of the first DJI tinywhoop ! Pretty exiting to see it !! Is it good ?
Let’s start !
So it is a 79mm wheelbase with 1103 motors 8000kv, that should be powered on 3S 300mah to maintain a good ration weight / power. You could use 2S 450mah too. You can go up to 3 minutes of flight time, I got 3 minutes with pretty agressive flight that you could see in the video below, if you are cruising more than 3 minutes. Moreover the sound of the drone is quite reasonable, so perfect for a little garden with a 3S.
It is a 79mm wheelbase but with 40mm propellers, classic 4 blades gemfan.
- Flight Controller:GEP-12A-F4 AIO
- Camera: Caddx Vista Nebula
- Motor to motor:79mm
- Propeller:Gemfan 1635
- Motor:GR1103 8000KV
- Weight:64g without battery
- Receiver:Without Receiver(PNP)/Frsky R-XSR / Frsky XM+ / FlySky A8S / TBS NanoRX
The global weight is pretty good with 64g for something with DJI camera ! The Nebula is hold via 2 screws on the canopy and directly on the FC. It could be a better idea to add some isolation but I don’t get any trouble.
BTW the FC is the GEPRC 12A AIO, so it will handle perfectly the 1103 motors 8000Kv on 3S. I thought the drone could be too heavy for 1103 but with 3S it is really not bad at all.
I found few drawbacks by testing heavily this drone as usual:
- the wires of the caddx (the wires for +5v, gnb etc) or the antenna are really too close to the props, be sure to block them correctly in the frame and check between each flight. I cut some of them during crash too
- The antenna is also too close from the props, be sure to hold it on the top
- The lipo holder is too small for all 3S LIPO. Cut it and use a strap and it will works perfectly.
- The caddx Nebula Nano is clearly not as good as the vista so it is a little bit disapointed 🙁
You can do really long flight time, pretty pleasant because the tune is GOOD. Really it is super well done and works pefectly on 2/3S.
You can do also more agressive flight, and no yaw washout or other weird behavior.
Except few drawbacks it is globally a good shot from GEPRC with this DJI whoop, specially this size and propellers. The price is also pretty correct for all the elements in the drone with the nebula. I have not said but they are selling to a classical non DJI version too ! If you are still in analog it is a good one too 🙂